As the industry’s innovation and technology leader, our product portfolio stands for top quality, process integration and flexible best-in-class solutions. Our vision: We
enable the digital world!
- To provide manufacturing support for the Asia printer assembly to ensure that the printers are manufactured to correct quality standard.
- To ensure the standard Printer production process is followed and highlight any deviations to local management for resolution.
- To understand and access any local requests for process deviation and if supported, gain the appropriate approval to implement and document the deviation.
- Produce, maintain and approve production documentation (ProWorks) & deviation notices as required and ensure production documentation is fit for purpose & user friendly for the regional workforce.
- Assist in training of Production Engineers/technicians/operatives during the introduction of new products, procedures or processes.
- Support Production engineering/technicians in resolving manufacturing issues and to train others in this function.
- Review/support & train Production engineering/technicians
in the resolution of ‘Engineering Defects’ within the Asia Printer assembly.
- Support Process Engineering using Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methods, including line balance, line integration, operational lead time reduction, quality improvements and Kaizen events.
- To review the design and implement of jigs, fixtures and tooling to ensure ease and consistency of manufacture and to support the implementation of these jigs etc into production (both locally and globally where appropriate).
- Where necessary, work with other disciplines or departments to deploy test and verification equipment into the manufacturing processes in Asia, the UK, and its supporting vendors.
- Ensure that any design, process, or manufacturing change is communicated, understood and replicated in our Asia facilities.
- Qualified to HNC or actively working towards completion of a similar engineering or manufacturing engineering qualification or possess a minimum of two years’ experience working successfully in engineering based related role within ASM.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the ASM (DEK) printers, including their build and test processes.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and manage their workload to deliver against agreed targets, set both on short-term and medium-term timescales.
- Competent in the use of Windchill, Pro-Engineer (Creo) or other 3D CAD/CAE tools and in the use of AutoCAD, Fastcad or other 2D CAD/CAE tools.
- An understanding of modern manufacturing methods to include current machining/fabrication
techniques and electro-mechanical assembly processes.
- An understanding of modern assembly methodology.
- An understanding of Lean Manufacture and Continuous Improvement and process methodology.
- Experience in the use of DFM/DFA and FMEA tools.