As the industry’s innovation and technology leader, our product portfolio stands for top quality, process integration and flexible best-in-class solutions. Our vision: We
enable the digital world!
- Implement manufacturing test methods to meet design goals on released Production products.
- Identify new test processes to enhance overall efficiency on released products.
- Set up routine maintenance schedules and Implement periodic upgrades of test equipment and fixtures. (Total Preventative Maintenance)
- Define through discussion with all relevant parties all test strategies to enable delivery of test solutions to manufacturing.
- Develop and execute test processes to support needs and permit future growth.
- Review and improve production processes using Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methods, including line balance, line integration, operational lead time reduction, quality improvements and Kaizen events.
- Produce and maintain production documentation (ProWorks) as required, to ensure products are built to the correct quality within the build process.
- Review and action allocated Production or Engineering Defects to conclusion within given time constraints.
- Assist in training of production operatives during introduction of new or modified products or processes.
- Support Production in resolving manufacturing or supplier issues and first line diagnostic support.
- Take ownership of New Products from Project Engineering Team once released.
- Where necessary work with other disciplines or departments to develop and deploy test and verification equipment into the manufacturing process both in the UK, China and its supporting vendors.
- Review and implement Drawing Change Requests as determined by the iDCR process.
- Ensure that any design, process, or manufacturing change is communicated, understood and replicated in our Global manufacturing facilities.
- Support and advise Production Engineering department in our other global facilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified to HND or equivalent in Electronics or electrical engineering
- Proven experience in a test engineering function
- Experience of working with LabView
- General appreciation for software programming processes.
- Experience of building and de-bugging complex test equipment
- Knowledge of electrical safety regulations an advantage
Competent in the use of AutoCAD, Fastcad or other 2D CAD/CAE tools and also an understanding or experience in the use of Pro-Engineer or other 3D CAD/CAE tools.
Some knowledge or understanding in the use of USB, CAN networks and motion control systems for the use with servo and stepper control systems.
Experience in the manufacture or repair of electro-mechanical assemblies.
Experience in the use of DFM/DFA and FMEA tools.
An understanding of modern manufacturing methods to include current electronic standards, Lean Manufacture and Continuous Improvement and process methodology. (6 Sigma/DMAIC)
Undertake deliverables within a large project or a complete smaller project, to agreed targets (time, cost, quality).
Through appropriate testing procedures, ensure any new or modified items are ‘fit for purpose’ and in line with overall design requirements.
Able to act as a major contributor within the Manufacturing Engineering department and have a working knowledge of mechanical/electrical engineering.
Able to share own expertise, provide guidance, support and motivate other team members ~ influential within own team.
Must be confident and able to communicate clearly with people from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Confident in communicating with external organisations such as vendors or other technical support bodies.
The job holder will be responsible for supporting ASMs quality assurance policy;
“To develop quality measures, performance criteria and reporting processes throughout the job holder’s responsibilities that support continuous improvement and a quality culture”.